Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Defensive Note Regarding My Photos

So I have been spending the last couple of weeks taking photos of various pieces of my collection, working in advance of my entries. One thing has become quite clear. I’m no photographer. There is a branch of commercial photography called tabletop photography it is what makes ice cream look so good in the advertisements. That is a skill and it also involves things like lights, and filters, and tripods. My little theaters look like they were captured on film in a police line up. So let me apologize for the pictures ahead of time. But imagine, if these are the photos I kept, you should have seen the ones that got cut.

2 comments:

Rosemoo said...

Try making a light box. I made one out of a cardboard box I had lying around. It was really really really easy. Um, let me find the links I used to figure this out. Try here:

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

or here:

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent

It takes like ten minutes. I have two desk lamps I face at the sides of my box, and I color correct with Tungsten on my little digital camera. Works wonders!!!! And I ain't no camera genius neither.

Kevin P. Hale said...

Oh, thank you. I'll try that.